Geological Society of America 2012 — Call for Abstracts
August 7, 2012
This year’s annual GSA conference is November 4-7, in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am chairing two sessions at the meeting and encourage you to submit an abstract.
- T169. Cyclicity and Hierarchy in the Clastic Stratigraphic Record
Brian W. Romans, Jacob A. Covault, Stephen M. Hubbard
- The documentation of cyclical and hierarchical patterns in the stratigraphic record has led to interpretations of systematic forcings and apparently improved predictability. This session will explore these themes at a range of scales. Submit an abstract.
- T181. Integrated Detrital Records of Orogenic Systems
Brian W. Romans, Amy L. Weislogel, Julie C. Fosdick
- The record of orogenesis is contained within detritus deposited in sedimentary basins. This interdisciplinary session will highlight innovations in using detrital geo-/thermo-chronology and other geochemical provenance methods to better understand relationships of tectonics and sedimentation. Submit an abstract.
- Another session of interest, and one that I’ll likely submit an abstract to:
- T165. Preservation of Environmental Signals in Deep-Water Depositional Systems
Jacob A. Covault, John Snedden
- This session aims to evaluate preservation of environmental signals in the deep-water stratigraphic record. Studies of Quaternary sedimentary systems on the seafloor, successions of outcropping and subsurface sedimentary rocks, and numerical models are welcome contributions.