Papers I’m Reading — February 2010
I’m still in post-vacation catch-up mode so blogging is pretty light right now. I hope to get back to it relatively soon.
In the meantime, here is this month’s installment in the papers I’m reading series:
- Barnard, P.L. and Warrick, J.A., in press, Dramatic beach and nearshore morphological changes due to extreme flooding at a wave-dominated river mouth: Marine Geology, doi: 10.1016/j.margeo.2010.01.018. [link]
- Liu, J.T., et al., in press, Quantifying tidal signatures of the benthic nepheloid layer in Gaoping submarine canyon in southern Taiwan: Marine Geology, doi: 10.1016.j.margeo.2010.01.016. [link]
- Bache, F., et al., in press, Evolution of rifted continental margins: The case of the Gulf of Lions (Western Mediterranean Basin): EPSL, doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2010.02.001. [link]
- Twichell, D.C., et al., in press, Partitioning of sediment on the shelf offshore of the Columbia River littoral cell: Marine Geology, doi: 10.1016/j.margeo.2010.02.001. [link]
The following two publications are part of a recent Discussion and Reply — if turbidites are your thing, these are a must-read:
- Shanmugam, G., 2010, Discussion: “Turbidites and turbidity currents from Alpine flysch to the exploration of continental margin” by Mutti et al., (2009), Sedimentology, 56, 267-318: Sedimentology, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3091.2009.01132.x. [link]
- Mutti, E., et al., 2010, Reply to Discussion by G. Shanmugam on “Turbidites and turbidity currents from Alpine flysch to the exploration of continental margin” by Mutti et al., (2009), Sedimentology, 56, 267-318: Sedimentology, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3091.2009.01131.x [link]
Note: the links above may take you to a subscription-only page; as a policy I do not e-mail PDF copies of papers to people (sorry).