June 3, 2009
Here is a rather random list of links of cool stuff I found on the internets:
- Collection of time-lapse videos from NASA’s Earth Observatory images showing land use and other anthropogenic changes to the Earth’s surface over time (via Wired Science blog).
- Seismograms of North Korea’s nuclear tests (via Shaking Earth).
- Online books of carbonate geology (via Reporting on a Revolution).
- Online diary of a BBC correspondent aboard the Chikyu drillship doing its thing in the Nankai Trough (via BBC).
- Beautiful fan delta in Lake Eyre, Australia (via Riparian Rap; originally from NASA EO).
- Go solve Where on (Google)Earth? #167 (via Ron Schott’s Geology Home Companion)
- Finally … things that sound like Chewbacca (via urlesque).