Papers I’m Reading – May 2009
Instead of a ‘papers I’m reading’ list — this is more accurately a ‘papers to read’ list. The first one is a classic that I haven’t read in years … I came across a well-worn photocopy version in one of my binders while looking for something else and decided I needed to re-read it.
- Parker, R.B., 1985, Buffers, energy storage, and the mode and tempo of geologic events: Geology, 13, 440-442. [link]
- Carter, R.M., 1988, The nature and evolution of deep-sea channel systems: Basin Research, 1, 41-54. [link]
- Metivier & Gauderner, 1999, Stability of output fluxes of large rivers in South and East Asia during last 2 million years: implications on floodplain processes: Basin Research, 11, 293-303. [link]
- Elliott, T., 2000, Megaflute erosion surfaces and the initiation of turbidite channels: Geology, 28, 119-122. [link]
- Mohrig et al., 2000, Interpreting avulsion process from ancient alluvial sequences: Guadalope-Matarranya system (northern Spain) and Wasatch Formation (western Colorado): GSA Bulletin, 112, 1787-1803. [link]
- Jerolmack & Mohrig, 2007, Conditions for branching in depositional rivers: Geology, 35, 463-466. doi: 10.1130/G23308A.1 [link]
- DeCelles et al., 2009, Cyclicity in Cordilleran orogenic systems: Nature Geoscience, 2, 251-257. doi: 10.1038/NGEO469 [link]
See all the Papers-I’m-Reading lists here.
Note: The links above will likely take you to a subscription site; as a policy, I don’t e-mail PDF copies of papers to people (sorry).