Papers I’m Reading – July 2008
In June I started a monthly series of simply listing some journal papers/articles I’m either reading, have read, or hope to find time to read. Four are from this year and one is an oldie but a goodie. I may add to it before the end of the month.
Here’s my list for July 2008:
- Saller, A., et al., 2008, Characteristics of Pleistocene deep-water fan lobes and their application to an upper Miocene reservoir model, offshore East Kalimantan, Indonesia: AAPG Bulletin, v. 92, p. 919-949 [link].
- Straub, K.M., et al., 2008, Interactions between turbidity currents and topography in aggrading sinuous submarine channels: A laboratory study: GSA Bulletin, v. 120, p. 368-385 [link].
- Heard, T.G. and Pickering, K.T., 2008, Trace fossils as diagnostic indicators of deep-marine environments, Middle Eocene Ainsa-Jaca basin, Spanish Pyrenees: Sedimentology, v. 55, p. 809-844 [link].
- Scott, A.C., et al., 2008, Temperature proxy data and their significance for the understanding of pyroclastic density currents: Geology, v. 36, p. 143-146 [link].
- Heezen, B.C. and Ewing, M., 1952, Turbidity currents and submarine slumps, and the 1929 Grand Banks earthquake: American Journal of Science, v. 250, p. 849-873 [could not find digital version].