A few new geoscience blogs on the scene
Ron’s New Year’s Eve post discussed the expansion of the geoblogosphere over the past year. Since that post, a few geology related blogs have crossed my path — check ’em out when you get a chance:
- NOVA Geoblog is the blog of a geologist and earth science instructor at Northern Virginia Community College. It was started just last month and already has several interesting posts of broad interest.
- Magma Cum Laude was also started in December 2007 and gets my vote for the best blog name…love it! The blogger, Tuff Cookie, has already won a Where on (Google)Earth quiz as well.
- While reading the comments over at Highly Allochthonous, I came across a brand spankin’ new blog (as of yesterday!) called Harmonic Tremors — another clever name, as this blogger is also a musician.
- UPDATE: Ron clued me in to what could be our best connection to the German geoblogosphere, The Lost Geologist.
- UPDATE #2: I found Geotripper commenting at another site. Looks like several blogs were started as New Year’s resolutions…this one is brand new as well.
It still seems like I’m missing another one that I recently became aware of. And there are probably others too … let me in the comments if you have or know of a geology-related blog.