Geoblogosphere week in review (June 14-20, 2010)
June 21, 2010
Here are several posts from the geoscience blogosphere last week highlighting some interesting writing:
- Suvrat Kher from Rapid Uplift shares his thoughts about the effects of ocean acidification on corals.
- David Bressan from History of Geology provides a follow-up post on his series of the geology and tectonic history of the Alps with some more information about the Tauern Window.
- Lutz Geissler from the German-language geology blog geoberg.de announced this past week that he will start blogging in English in addition to German. Lutz has also compiled this comprehensive list of articles and papers that deal with discussing or investigating the geoblogosphere.
- Coconino from Ordinary High Water Mark shares photographs and thoughts about relict fluvial features found in her local New Mexican countryside.
- David Petley from Dave’s Landslide Blog has information, photos, and links for six landslides that occurred in the past week.
- Finally, both Bryan from In Terra Veritas and Lutz Geissler from geoberg.de discuss the ongoing flap between the University of California system and Nature Publishing Group about subscription costs.